|This email was sent to you by:|
Harry Chriest |
Mortgage News Daily
Email alerts, such as this one, are a free service
provided by Mortgage News Daily. If you would like to receive an alert when important news breaks
please register to join our community
For 3rd Straight Day, Bonds Flat Overnight, Slightly Stronger After Data
Posted to: Micro News
Friday, January 17, 2014 9:14 AM
If the overnight activity in Treasuries showed up on your 2-day chart, it would look like a very flat, very calm extension of yesterday afternoon's flat, calm trading range. Something like this:
[Image or graph removed from email. View full article with images]
Once again, the first hour of trading has served to confirm and/or improve upon the overnight trend (3rd day in a row now), though the movement hasn't been huge. Chalk that up to the relatively close-to-consensus print in Housing Starts. Details of that report:
- Housing Starts -9.8 pct, most since April
- Starts 999k unit rate vs 990k forecast, 1,107k previously
- Permits 986k vs 1,015k forecast
- Single Fam starts -7.0 pct, Multi Fam -14.9
- Market Movement Thoughts: We don't put much stock in the "biggest drop since April." This report is a moderate market mover when far from consensus, and at 999k vs 990k forecast, this is not far from consensus. The tepid reaction reflects that.
- Full Release
Treasuries and MBS mildly extended their gains following the data. Fannie 4.0s are 3 ticks higher at 104-01 and 10's 1bp lower at 2.836. Industrial Production is coming up presently.
More from MND:
If you would like to opt-out of receiving email forwards from this person please click here to remove your email address.