|This email was sent to you by:|
Mortgage News Daily
Email alerts, such as this one, are a free service
provided by Mortgage News Daily. If you would like to receive an alert when important news breaks
please register to join our community
ECON: Producer Prices Lower Than Expected, Core PPI On Target
Posted to: Micro News
Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:00 AM
- PPI -0.2 pct vs -0.1 pct consensus
- Labor dept. says most of decline due to food prices
- excluding food/energy, "core PPI" +0.1 vs +0.1 consenus
- 2012 Core PPI +2.0 vs +2.1 Consensus
- Inflation is not currently an issue for markets and the Price Index reports have not been market movers for quite some time. This could change when inflation starts picking up, but until then, PPI and CPI are overlooked in favor of other economic metrics.
The Producer Price Index for finished goods declined 0.2 percent in December, seasonally
adjusted, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Prices for finished goods fell 0.8
percent in November and 0.2 percent in October. At the earlier stages of processing, prices
received by manufacturers of intermediate goods moved up 0.3 percent, and the crude goods
index increased 2.5 percent. On an unadjusted basis, the finished goods index rose 1.3 percent in
2012, compared with a 4.7-percent advance in 2011.
More from MND:
If you would like to opt-out of receiving email forwards from this person please click here to remove your email address.