What type of letter do you need for a deed change?

If a couple splits up and one is refinancing to get the other taken off the mortgage what letter needs written in order to make sure the one being taken off the deed will not collect anything from the whole thing?

1 Answer

Hello, the term you're likely looking for is a "Quitclaim Deed." One spouse terminates their interest in the jointly-owned property. Full rights are transferred from the grantor to grantee.