do I need to get the title to the house put in my name

My husband is no longer with me, he died a few months ago his mother left him the house he had the title or the deed to the house put in h is name, do I need to do the same and how would I go about doing that.

1 Answer

You probably want to consult a local real estate or probate attorney on this question since it is a legal one. Short answer, yes, you do want to get title into your name, but what, specifically, will be required to do that depends on how title is currently vested, what state you're in, and possibly other factors as well. Sorry for your loss, but you definitely want to do this in a legally correct way. Hopefully the cost of an initial meeting will be minimal, you will want to bring your husband's will to it (if he had one).