Disability Check Does Not Cover Refinance Payment

My son who is disabled wants to refinance his home.His disability check is not enough to make the payments & pay the bills.Can the government help him?

1 Answer

I don't know the answer to this question, but I really want to try to help. The first place to start is by calling the current loan servicer. Explain the circumstance and ask them what options he may have. Second thing to ask would be "who is the investor" ? Is this an FHA, Fannie Mae, or Freddie Mac loan ? Is there a PMI company on this loan?

Each one of these entities have help lines set up right now. In addition to these avenues, there may be organizations established to assist americans with disabilities through the Americans with Disabilities Act. (ADA). There is a website related to housing within the ADA site ( http://www.disability.gov/housing).

I really wish I knew the right answer for you, but maybe these leads get you headed in the right direction. Above all, be in constant contact with the current mortgage servicer.