ECON: Consumer Sentiment Slightly Lower Than Expected
- RTRS - US CONSUMER SENTIMENT PRELIMINARY FEB 72.5 (CONSENSUS 74.5) VS FINAL JAN 75.0
- RTRS - CURRENT CONDITIONS INDEX PRELIMINARY FEB 79.6 (CONSENSUS 84.5) VS FINAL JAN 84.2
- RTRS - CONSUMER EXPECTATIONS INDEX PRELIMINARY FEB 68.0 (CONSENSUS 69.5) VS FINAL JAN 69.1
- RTRS - 12-MONTH ECONOMIC OUTLOOK INDEX PRELIMINARY FEB 82 VS FINAL JAN 82
- RTRS - 1-YEAR INFLATION OUTLOOK PRELIMINARY FEB 3.2 PCT VS FINAL JAN 3.3 PCT
- RTRS - 5-YEAR INFLATION OUTLOOK PRELIMINARY FEB 2.9 PCT VS FINAL JAN 2.7 PCT
Bond markets weakened slightly ahead of the report but have since bounced back to previous levels, or otherwise seem to be in the process of doing so. Stocks are down about 3 points in the S&P and volume is some of the best of the day.